Museum of Timekeeping is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Museum of Timekeeping may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01 January 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys
What we do with the information we gather
• We require this information to contact you, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about events, projects, opportunities, news or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• We may use the information as evaluation to improve our services and inform business planning.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
• Our website may contain links to other websites of interest or to reputable third party websites to undertake wider online actions such as signing up to our mailing list or booking event tickets. These include:
o Mailchimp.com for mailing list subscriptions and to manage and publish campaigns. Please visit https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
o Eventbrite.com for the completion of ticket bookings for Museum of Timekeeping events. Please visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/eventbrite-privacy-policy?lg=en_GB
• In each case website users will be transferred from Museum of Timekeeping website directly to the linking website. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
• Cookies help us to provide you with the best experience whilst using our website.
• A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
• We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
• Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
• You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
o Which pages people visit on the site
o What is popular on the site
o Which internet browsers are being used
o Which elements of our website are used by visitors
You can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out tools in your browser: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
• By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
• All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually to be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. Otherwise use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
Third Party Cookies
• To enhance our content, we sometimes embed photos, video and social media content from websites such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. Similarly, when you use one of the share buttons on our website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. This web site does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Controlling your personal information
• You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
o whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website or a linking site, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
o if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
o you may unsubscribe from receiving emails from Museum by clicking the unsubscribe button within emails received.
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Museum of Timekeeping, Upton Hall, Main Street, Upton, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG235TE
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Museum of Timekeeping
Upton Hall, Upton
T: 01636 817601
© Copyright 2018 – Museum of Timekeeping is a CIO Registered in England & Wales. Charity Commission Registration Number 1176495